Thank you to Patricia at http://whitecamellias.com for sharing the #RockingMotherhood tag. I have decided to take part and tag some of my favourite Mummy friends below. I have listed the rules and shared the ten things I believe make me a good mother. I hope that those of you who have been tagged will take part and and continue the tag. If you tweet your post to Patricia @whitecamellias she has said she will also RT your posts.
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10. I really don’t mind.)
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.
10 Things that Make me a Good Mother
- I sleep next to Dex every night and let him kick and grab me until he finds a comfortable spot.
- I don’t let Dex cry, I go to him if he needs me whether that’s at 3pm or 3am.
- I tried to breastfeed and when that didn’t work out I expressed my milk. When he needed more than I could produce, I fed him with a bottle. I did my very best for him.
- I spend time thinking about what foods to give him and lovingly bake and prepare most of it from scratch. It gives me great pleasure to do it this way, although cannot be sure this will continue when I go back to work! Check out some of my recipes here.
- I will be returning to work full time so that I can bring in enough money to give Dex everything that he needs and most of what he will want.
- I read to Dexter everyday so that hopefully he will learn to love reading as much as I do.
- I try to limit my time on the phone/laptop to when he is sleeping during the day, although this can be very hard when he doesn’t nap well. I try to give him my undivided attention as much as I possibly can.
- I have stopped buying myself clothes and make up while I am on a reduced income so that we can save a deposit for a house and buy everything Dexter needs. (Yes we are that crazy, saving for a deposit while on SMP!)
These last two were chosen by my husband because I’d run out of things…
9. I am patient, chilled out and relaxed. I don’t lose my temper or get annoyed with Dex. I disputed this, but he insisted.
10. I am very trusting. I think by this by husband means I am very focused on letting Dex decide on things, I adore doing things the baby led way. I let him decide when he’s hungry, tired etc.
I am tagging:
Samantha at http://tryingforourbaby.wordpress.com
Lisa at http://lisacowan.co.uk
Hayley at http://devonmama.com
Natalie at http://mummybutstillme.com
Nicola at http://iamcrabstix.com
Mummy Times Two at .mhttp://mummytimestwo.wordpress.com