Living Arrows // 7/52

We had quite a tough week over here in Liverpool. Sunday night, Neil and I were struck with a stomach bug. We were up all night vomiting and the symptoms lasted until Wednesday. Monday was a complete write off, but by Tuesday I realised I had to get on with things for Dexter’s sake. Luckily, he avoided being ill, although he has been suffering immensely with his teeth. He has a fourth tooth about to cut through at the top (lateral incisor) and he has really been struggling.

This week he has learnt to grind his teeth together. I had quick Google this morning and read that it is quite normal for babies to do this because it helps them relieve some gum pain, much to my relief. The noise is not particularly pleasant but I was also worried he could be doing some damage, luckily this is not the case. I am trying to discourage it by distracting him and ensuring we have a big pot of teething essentials nearby, including, calpol, baby neurofen, teething granules and teething gel. Hopefully the tooth cuts through soon and gives him some relief. Pulling himself up from our bed using the windowsill and looking outside at the city passing by has been a great distraction for him.

Oh the teeth grinding! It’s such a horrid noise isn’t it?! We’ve had the same here! Glad to hear you’re all feeling better, hopefully that tooth pops through soon!
    Devon Mama recently posted…Living Arrows: Week SevenMy Profile

13th February 2017 at 8:03 am
  • Reply nicola

That little face just says “Not doing anything, Mum!” such a cheeky chappy, he’s just so goddamn cute!x

13th February 2017 at 10:46 am
  • Reply Emma T

That’s a bit of a cheeky face. Hopefully the grinding stops – we probably find it worse, and they don’t worry about it #livingarrows
    Emma T recently posted…Living Arrows 2017 week 7 – blowing bubblesMy Profile

13th February 2017 at 9:06 pm
  • Reply Vicki Coombe

Bless him – I hope those teeth stop causing him issues soon! #livingarrows

13th February 2017 at 9:51 pm
  • Reply Gemma | Two Little Misters

What a cutie! Sorry to hear you have been poorly, and hope the tooth pops through soon. Teething just seems to last forever! I remember my two grinding theirs when they got their first few, a sort of squeaky sound!! #livingarrows

15th February 2017 at 6:06 am

I remember how awful that teeth grinding noise is – I hope the pain passes swiftly. So sorry you’ve all been poorly too – I hope you’re on the mend! x
    Donna recently posted…Siblings {February 2017}My Profile

15th February 2017 at 9:34 pm
  • Reply Sherry

Oh bless him, I couldn’t handle teeth grinding noises so was grateful that J didn’t do it for long. I hope you’re all feeling better now #LivingArrows
    Sherry recently posted…Hide and Seek {Living Arrows 2017 – 13th February}My Profile

16th February 2017 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply Martyn Kitney

Argh…horrible noise! :/ how cute though! Sorry for the late comment #LivingArrows

18th February 2017 at 4:32 pm