Living Arrows 2017 // 12/52

We have had a couple of firsts for Dexter this week. Firstly, he used a fork for the first time. In the past, he has taken a fork from me, but this week I tried something new. I placed the fork in the bowl so he would learn to pick it up and feed himself. It took a few goes, but he got there in the end. The first couple of times, the wrong end went in his mouth, but eventually he got the right end in, then bit the chunk off the fork. Next is getting him to understand the fork goes back into the bowl and not on the floor!

Secondly, we got rid of his bath seat this week and got a bath mat instead. He loved being able to crawl around the bath and I was surprised at how quickly he learnt he needs to put his hand out to stop himself from falling. We did have one incident where his face fell in the water, but he had pushed himself out within seconds. (Naturally he was being fully supervised!) I can’t believe we’ve gone from bathing him in a tiny plastic tub to him being free to roam around our big bath like a toddler.

So grown up using a fork!! I’m so impressed! He looks VERY pleased with himself in that photo. We’ve also graduated to baths on his own, it’s so funny watching them use the big bath like a playground isn’t it?!
    Devon Mama recently posted…Living Arrows: Week TwelveMy Profile

20th March 2017 at 9:37 am
  • Reply nicola

These developments are getting so fast and furious now! (yours and Dev’s babies, not mine – mine still does nothing but smile!) He is so advanced with his eating thanks to all of your hard work, it’s amazing to see!x
    nicola recently posted…Living Arrows 12/52My Profile

20th March 2017 at 12:37 pm
  • Reply Emma T

The earlier the better with cutlery in my view! It really does help them with control and then going towards holding pens and controlling them properly too. Hope it goes well #livingarrows
    Emma T recently posted…Living Arrows 2017 week 12 – library visitMy Profile

20th March 2017 at 10:17 pm
  • Reply Sophie Durrans

He looks so proud of himself! Isla has started demanding to feed herself with a spoon for breakfast. It takes so long and is so messy, but lovely to watch her learn. We don’t have a baby friendly fotk yet, maybe it’s something I should look into
    #LivingArrows
    Sophie Durrans recently posted…Living Arrows 12/52My Profile

22nd March 2017 at 2:53 pm
  • Reply Dani

Congrats on two big milestones achieved. Up until 1.5 months ago I would always get in the bath with my Son Eco but recently he’s been going in the bath Solo and loves crawling and walking around in it now we have
    a bath mat. #livingarrows

23rd March 2017 at 12:41 am

I bet he loves being so free in the bath, what a week of firsts! I love his happy, messy food face! That is one happy little guy x
    Donna recently posted…Flatpack, Beauty and the Beast and Sister Act #LittleLovesMy Profile

24th March 2017 at 7:43 pm
  • Reply Sherry

Oh my goodness just look at that face! #LivingArrows
    Sherry recently posted…Pausing {Living Arrows 2017 – 20/3/17}My Profile