Living Arrows 2017 // 13/52

This week saw Dexter’s first time on a beach. We live around five miles away from the nearest beach which is in Crosby but we’d never taken him before which is probably a bit strange! Anyway, it was a lovely sunny day on Saturday so we drove over and took a little picnic with us. We lay down a union jack fleece blanket and yet Dexter still managed to eat more sand than he did peanut butter and banana sandwiches. He loved rolling his hands in the sand and letting the grains slip between his fingers. In this photo we are having a cuddle inbetween exploration of the surrounding area. I am wearing a thick coat with my hood up because I am always freezing until it is at least 20 degrees Celsius outside! After the beach, we went for a little drive to a small village called Hightown, where we hope to move later in the year.

I’m glad he loved the beach, think a good helping of sand is great for the digestive system!! Sounds like a lovely family afternoon!
    Devon Mama recently posted…Living Arrows: Week ThirteenMy Profile

27th March 2017 at 8:35 am
  • Reply Nicola

The juxtaposition between you being dressed as an arctic explorer, the sunny skies and beach is brilliant!
    Nicola recently posted…Living Arrows 13/52My Profile

27th March 2017 at 8:47 am
  • Reply Hannah Spannah

Oh I bet Dexter loved the beach! Was he ok with his first touch? Some children freak out when they first feel it on their feet! #livingarrows

27th March 2017 at 10:35 am
  • Reply Vicki @ tippytupps

Ahh we love Crosby! My parently live in Merseyside so we often come and play there! Great picture!
    Vicki @ tippytupps recently posted…Living Arrows 13/52My Profile

27th March 2017 at 3:00 pm
  • Reply Jenni

Love this photo. I keep meaning to take Lucas to Crosby but we are a bit further away so think I will wait until the weather is a bit warmer x #livingarrows

27th March 2017 at 4:53 pm
  • Reply Janet Yarwood

Sounds like a lovely day although I can’t believe you’ve not been before. I love the beach but live miles away #livingarrows

27th March 2017 at 5:07 pm
  • Reply Emma T

Great capture. If we lived 5 miles from the beach we’d be there all the time. But then we live about 100+ miles to the nearest one #livingarrows
    Emma T recently posted…Living Arrows 2017 week 13 – down the slideMy Profile

27th March 2017 at 10:20 pm
  • Reply Victoria

Please keep us posted with picture of Dexter. He seems to having fun 🙂
    Victoria recently posted…Essential Camping Safety Hacks & OthersMy Profile

28th March 2017 at 5:52 am
  • Reply Laura | Little Ladies Big World

I love the difference between your boots and the little bare feet – I am the same though I am always wrapped up!
    Laura | Little Ladies Big World recently posted…The Muslin Cloth {Looking Back #7}My Profile

28th March 2017 at 11:00 am

I love that photo – so much fun! It looks like beautiful weather for the beach, what a lovely day! x
    Donna recently posted…How to Avoid Ear Pain with EarexMy Profile

29th March 2017 at 11:31 pm
  • Reply Sherry

We had a Saturday beach day too! Like you I am wrapped up super warm until it’s properly hot haha #LivingArrows
    Sherry recently posted…Beach Days {Living Arrows 2017 – 27/3/17}My Profile

30th March 2017 at 9:17 pm
  • Reply Living Arrows - 14/52 {2017} - What the Redhead said

[…] Mummy to Dex […]

3rd April 2017 at 8:17 pm
  • Reply Mummy to Dex - 2017 // March - Mummy to Dex

[…] weather really picked up towards the end of the month, so we made a trip to Crosby beach to have a picnic. It was Dexter’s first time on the beach and he loved the feeling of the sand between his […]

19th April 2017 at 9:14 pm