Living Arrows 2017 // 18/52

This week are celebrating a few important milestones. Dexter has started shaking his head, pointing and waving! It’s so exciting to see Dexter respond to us by using these methods of communication and although he hasn’t quite mastered the fact that shaking his head means ‘no’, it is still an incredible milestone for him to reach. Unfortunately, he is still not clapping, which is the only milestone my health visitor seems fussed about. I don’t know what will become of it, but if he is not doing it by next month, I have to let her know. Meanwhile, we are having lots of fun shaking our heads, waving and explaining what exactly the things that Dexter points to are. His favourite thing to point at is our smoke alarm. I have no idea why he has such an intense interest in it, but he spends all of his breakfast, lunch and dinner looking at it and gesturing towards it. Perhaps he’s asking us if we are sure the batteries in it are working?!

• Reply Nicola

I don’t know of any kids Dex’s age that can clap!
    Nicola recently posted…Living Arrows 18/52My Profile

1st May 2017 at 9:06 am

Well done safety conscious Dex!!! We’re still not clapping either, apart from the odd time when his manic waving means his hands collide! I love his head shaking! #livingarrows
    Devon Mama recently posted…Living Arrows: Week EighteenMy Profile

1st May 2017 at 9:47 am
  • Reply Vicki @ tippytupps

I hate when Health Visitors get hung up on silly things. Dex is doing amazing and you have nothing to worry about. He’s obviously storming ahead when it comes to communication so well done mama! #LivingArrows
    Vicki @ tippytupps recently posted…Living Arrows 18/52 – big blue eyesMy Profile

1st May 2017 at 5:30 pm
  • Reply joannamatt@mightyessays

There is nothing to worry.Not every kids start clapping at this age.congratulations,you have got someone who is very much conscious of your safety.LOL.

Love,
    Joanna

2nd May 2017 at 7:33 am
  • Reply Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope)

He looks so cute! I wouldnt worry about the clapping as I think he will eventually get there when hes ready. #livingarrows
    Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) recently posted…The Smallest Boy In ClassMy Profile

2nd May 2017 at 4:53 pm
  • Reply Dani

I would take what Health Visitors say with a pinch of salt! Babies will complete these skills when they are ready to do so so please do not stress it. Dex appears to be thriving otherwise xx #livingarrows
    Dani recently posted…Living Arrows Week 18 (2017) – A Love For Practical Life SkillsMy Profile

4th May 2017 at 11:55 pm

Really, don’t worry about the clapping. They all learn in their own time and I’m sure he’ll clap when he wants to. He looks like he’s developing perfectly – such a gorgeous boy and so lovely that he’s responding to you so well x

5th May 2017 at 10:14 am
  • Reply Mummy to Dex - Living Arrows 2017 // 21/52 - Mummy to Dex

[…] love you so much. To make the day even more special, Dexter learnt to clap too. You may remember a few weeks ago me mentioning I was worried he was behind…well he no longer is! Happy […]

22nd May 2017 at 1:59 pm