Living Arrows 2017 // 21/52

As promised last week, this week’s Living Arrows is all about Dexter’s cake smash which we did on his birthday last Saturday. We had a lovely party at home with family and set up our own cake smash. Dexter very carefully used his hand to take small and deliberate bites of the moist chocolate cake before crawling off and smearing chocolate icing everywhere! I highly recommend a cake smash, the pictures we captured are amazing. Happy birthday Dexter. We love you so much. To make the day even more special, Dexter learnt to clap too. You may remember a few weeks ago me mentioning I was worried he was behind…well he no longer is! Happy days.

He looks so cheeky in this photo – like ‘what you lookin’ at?!’ So glad his birthday went well and the cake smash was a success. What a way to celebrate with a round of applause!!! Finally, our children can clap – HURRAH!!!!!!!!
    Devon Mama recently posted…Living Arrows: Week Twenty OneMy Profile

22nd May 2017 at 12:10 pm
    • Reply mummytodex

Gosh, how long have we been waiting for it? Although he hasn’t done it again since!!!!

29th May 2017 at 9:49 am
  • Reply Cath - BattleMum

Great picture. We’ve done a cake smash for BattleKid’s 3 birthdays and I’m glad I continued after his first. They’re such a great way to capture and celebrate birthdays with little ones. #livingarrows

22nd May 2017 at 2:18 pm
  • Reply Stacey

What a fab idea, to do your own at home!

Hope he had a fab Birthday!

22nd May 2017 at 8:36 pm
  • Reply the frenchie mummy

All this chocolate is yummy! It’s my birthday soon. I might do that too! #LivingArrows

22nd May 2017 at 10:57 pm
    • Reply mummytodex

Make sure you take lots of photos Cecile! LOL

29th May 2017 at 9:48 am
  • Reply Amy @ The Smallest Of Things

Ahh what lovely pictures! I’m thinking about doing a cake smash for my youngest but I feel bad as I never did with my eldest! ox
    Amy @ The Smallest Of Things recently posted…Living Arrows | 21/52My Profile

23rd May 2017 at 9:19 am
    • Reply mummytodex

Ah that must be hard…I reckon you should just do it anyway and let the eldest have a go too!

29th May 2017 at 9:48 am
  • Reply Laura | Little Ladies Big World

Haha a lovely photos, we tried this with my youngest and son found out she didn’t like cake! I got some cute photos though x #LivingArrows
    Laura | Little Ladies Big World recently posted…The Colour Run {The Ordinary Moments #19}My Profile

24th May 2017 at 5:16 pm
    • Reply mummytodex

Haha what?! Doesn’t like cake!!? Lucky girl!

29th May 2017 at 9:47 am
  • Reply Sophie Durrans

He looks like he’s thinking “hurry up mum and take the photo so I can go back to eating cake!” Happy first birthday Dexter!
    Sophie Durrans recently posted…Living Arrows 21/52My Profile

24th May 2017 at 9:58 pm
    • Reply mummytodex

Haha, yes he is isn’t he? His first time having something so sweet…I’m surprised he didn’t end up vomming!

29th May 2017 at 9:46 am
  • Reply Dani

Happy Birthday Dex! Love this image of your little and the props are amazing. Super awesome that he’s now clapping too! #livingarrows
    Dani recently posted…Living Arrows Week 21/52 (2017) First Funfair VisitMy Profile

25th May 2017 at 2:46 am

Happy Birthday Dex! That photo is beautiful! x
    Donna recently posted…Celebrating Pizza-Party Day with NetflixMy Profile

25th May 2017 at 1:41 pm
  • Reply Amy @ Very Much So

Hope he had a lovely birthday, it’s a lovely photo. I’ve never been brave enough to attempt a cake smash. My youngest turns one on Wednesday and I did consider it but I worried she’d just end up throwing it all over the house! #livingarrows
    Amy @ Very Much So recently posted…Portraits of my Children | 21/52My Profile

28th May 2017 at 7:09 pm
    • Reply mummytodex

Luckily we have laminate flooring so it wasn’t *too* much of an issue and as soon as he started crawling off, I picked him up and threw him in the bath!

29th May 2017 at 9:44 am