Thank you to the Rambling Mum for tagging me in the Sunshine Blogger Awards. I’d never heard of this before, but I am guessing the general gist is that I answer some questions, then tag a few more bloggers with some questions of my own. So, to start, I will answer Rambling Mum’s questions:
1. Tell me about a ‘trendy’ parenting thing that gets on your nerves. Go on. Let it out!
One seemingly trendy thing that gets on my nerves is this ‘slummy Mummy’ business. I hate seeing people tweeting and instagramming about slumming it; whether that’s going out in their pyjamas or not being able to wait to crack open the gin. I seriously don’t understand it. Sure, I don’t put on make up most days and scrape my hair back, but I make sure my baby is dressed, happy and try to at least put on some normal day time clothes. I NEVER drink because I don’t understand how people can cope with a child AND a hangover.
2. What has been the biggest change in you since you have become a parent?
The biggest change is definitely been my outlook on life. I used to stress about the smallest things and my life was all about my career. Now I would be quite happy to give it all up to raise my little family!
3. What’s your opinion of designer everything for baby? (I’m talking highchairs and the lot)
I think designer stuff is an absolute waste of money. We were given a few designer bits and it was heartbreaking to see Dex grow out of it so quickly. I was always thinking about all the other things I could have bought with that £80!
4. What’s the last photo on your camera roll of?
Dexter, of course.
5. What’s the best TV show of all time?
That’s a toughie. I am going to go with Mad Men. I loved how creative and slow paced it was. So much could happen in it with just a look. The actors acted the hell out of that programme. Massive Jon Hamm fan here!
6. Does your child have a favourite song? (What is it? What is it?)
He loves Ruby by the Kaiser Chiefs and She Loves You by the Beatles.
7. How old was your little one when you took your first holiday & what was it like? Just N/A if you haven’t yet taken one.
No holidays here yet, which I cannot believe! We are saving for a house though while I am on maternity pay so money is a bit too tight for a holiday as well.
8. Have you ever had a baby throw up on you just as you were about to leave the house and gone out with vomit on you anyway?
No. To be fair Dexter very rarely vomits, we’ve been extremely lucky. This goes back to the slummy mummy thing though. I would simply get changed if he threw up on me. It takes only a few minutes to change a t-shirt.
9. Tell me about one thing you feel passionately about. Anything.
10. What do you feel is the most significant thing that has shaped you to become the person you are today?
Meeting my husband Neil. He has shaped me into the person I am today by supporting me no matter what, always being there for me and teaching me so much about the world around us. I would be a totally different person had I not met him.
Hayley at http://devonmama.com
Nicola at http://iamcrabstix.com
Lisa at http://lisacowan.co.uk
Claire at http://dearmummybear.co.uk
And, these are my questions for you…
- How did you and your significant other meet?
- What has been the most challenging aspect of parenting for you so far?
- If you could be stuck in a lift with one person who would it be?
- What is your favourite blog to read at the moment?
- Who are you three favourite bands?
- Are you going to give fast food to your child/ren and why?
- What is the best country you have ever been to and why?
- What is your first ever memory?
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?
- How did you choose the name of your first born?
Have fun with the Sunshine Blogger Awards guys!