Living Arrows 2017 // 12/52

Living Arrows 2017 // 12/52

We have had a couple of firsts for Dexter this week. Firstly, he used a fork for the first time. In the past, he has taken a fork from me, but this week I tried something new. I placed the fork in the bowl so he would learn to pick it up and feed himself. It took a few goes, but he got there in the end. The first couple of times, the wrong end went in his mouth, but eventually he got the right end in, then bit the chunk off the fork. Next is getting him to understand the fork goes back into the bowl and not on the floor!

Secondly, we got rid of his bath seat this week and got a bath mat instead. He loved being able to crawl around the bath and I was surprised at how quickly he learnt he needs to put his hand out to stop himself from falling. We did have one incident where his face fell in the water, but he had pushed himself out within seconds. (Naturally he was being fully supervised!) I can’t believe we’ve gone from bathing him in a tiny plastic tub to him being free to roam around our big bath like a toddler.

1. 20th March 2017 / 9:37 am

So grown up using a fork!! I’m so impressed! He looks VERY pleased with himself in that photo. We’ve also graduated to baths on his own, it’s so funny watching them use the big bath like a playground isn’t it?!

2. 20th March 2017 / 12:37 pm

These developments are getting so fast and furious now! (yours and Dev’s babies, not mine – mine still does nothing but smile!) He is so advanced with his eating thanks to all of your hard work, it’s amazing to see!x

3. 20th March 2017 / 10:17 pm

The earlier the better with cutlery in my view! It really does help them with control and then going towards holding pens and controlling them properly too. Hope it goes well #livingarrows

4. 22nd March 2017 / 2:53 pm

He looks so proud of himself! Isla has started demanding to feed herself with a spoon for breakfast. It takes so long and is so messy, but lovely to watch her learn. We don’t have a baby friendly fotk yet, maybe it’s something I should look into
    #LivingArrows

5. 23rd March 2017 / 12:41 am

Congrats on two big milestones achieved. Up until 1.5 months ago I would always get in the bath with my Son Eco but recently he’s been going in the bath Solo and loves crawling and walking around in it now we have
    a bath mat. #livingarrows

6. 24th March 2017 / 7:43 pm

I bet he loves being so free in the bath, what a week of firsts! I love his happy, messy food face! That is one happy little guy x

7. 26th March 2017 / 8:32 pm

Oh my goodness just look at that face! #LivingArrows