With my imminent return to work, I’ve found myself feeling a little down at times; so when Kate tagged me to do a post about 10 things that make me happy, I was grateful, after all, I do have so much to feel happy about.
- If I ask, my husband will always go out to the local supermarket for me to buy me treats like doughnuts, chocolate bars and salt and vinegar crisps. Not quite sure how I managed to lose all my baby weight!
- My baby boy giggling. There is nothing nicer than a baby giggling and it’s even better when it’s your own gorgeous baby boy. His giggles come for the most random things- me singing the Ghostbuster’s theme (badly!), Daddy throwing bread to seagulls, or me eating a piece of fruit.
- Takeaways on a Friday. We have a takeaway every Friday night and it’s just lovely to sit down, watch some rubbish TV and eat a little treat from the takeaway alongside my husband.
- My blogging fam. We have a little group chat and they make me smile everyday. They just get my humour and we always have a giggle.
- A good cup of tea. It has to be made with a good quality tea bag, milk put in last and left to brew for a minute so it is a deep brown colour, not dissimilar to builder’s tea.
- Spending time on my blog. Blogging gives me a bit of me time and spending time writing posts, creating images and promoting my posts makes me happy. It also stresses me out. But overall, happiness is the overriding emotion.
- Listening to Radio X. All the songs are from my teenage years and early twenties. Every song brings back lovely memories and makes me happy.
- A long bath. On a Friday, my husband finishes work early and I pass responsibility of looking after Dex to him and climb into a piping hot bath filled with bubbles. It’s been one of the happiest moments of my week during my maternity leave. Especially in those early days when I was unable to have a shower from one day to the next.
- Good TV. I am really enjoying Big Little Lies at the moment, but before this it was Mad Men. My husband doesn’t like decent drama like that, so it’s something I let build up until I have a decent amount stored up before binge watching.
- Bolton Wanderers winning. I am ecstatic when the Whites win. It can make or break a Saturday for me. We have just been promoted to the Championship so I am super happy at the moment!
Jess at Tantrums to Smiles
Sara at Home With Mrs Harvey
Romeca at Beauty, Bump and Me
Jessica at That Mummy Blog