This year, instead of buying Dexter an advent calendar, we have decided to create an Activity Advent Calendar.
Together, my husband and I searched Google, Pinterest and Facebook for ideas and inspiration for the calendar. Considering we both work full time and Dex is in childcare four days a week, it was hard to find small things to do that would only take five minutes or so, because as full time working parents time is of the essence when we get home from work each evening.
I will snapshotting our journey on Instagram and updating the post as we cross off each day of Advent. It was be so cool if you wanted to join in with us (I know a few of the activities are local to us, but I’m sure you have similar things going on in your area) and if you do decide to join in, let me know!
Here’s what we plan to do:
1. Make a paper chain decoration
2. Decorate the Christmas tree
3. Write Christmas cards with Christmas music.
4. Read the Christmasosaurus by Tom Fletcher
5. Paint the Snow (cotton wool in a tray)
6 Make Salt Dough decorations
7. Make strawberry Santas as a little treat before bed.
8. Make Christmassy hot cocoa before bed.
9. Santa reading Christmas stories at Liverpool town hall.
10 Christmas Baking – Gingerbread Bars
11. Make and eat a Snowman smoothie before bed.
13. Watch Polar Express
15. Read ‘A Boy Called Christmas’ by Matt Haig.
16. Visit Blackler’s Santa in Museum of Liverpool
17. Wrap Christmas presents together with Christmas music
18. Build Duplo Christmas tree
19. Read ‘The Story of Christmas’ book
20. Visit Liverpool’s Christmas markets
22. Make Christmas bauble using paper plate and tissue paper.
23. Santa Steam Train in Preston
24. Open Christmas Eve box