We’ve recently returned from our second break at Ullswater Heights Holiday Park. Located just outside of Penrith in Cumbria, Ullswater Heights in a relatively new holiday park that offers 5 star luxury. Find out more about our stay in a Family Escape Plus lodge, what to do in the local area and why we absolutely love Ullswater Heights!
Where is Ullswater Heights Holiday Park located?
Ullswater Heights sits just outside of Newbiggin, which is a small village just off the A66 outside Penrith. The holiday park is located far enough away from the hustle and bustle of reality so that you can see every single star in the sky when chilling in your hot tub, but is close enough to the shops and amenities that Penrith has to offer so you’re not totally cut off.
Coming from Lancashire, it took us less than two hours to get to Ullswater Heights. The holiday park sits only 3 miles away from the M6 so is easily accessible by motorway.
Family Escape Plus Lodge
Both times that we have visited Ullswater Heights Holiday Park we have stayed in a Family Escape Plus lodge.
This type of lodge can sleep up to six people in three bedrooms and also has a lovely open plan kitchen/lounge area.
The double bedroom is ensuite and there’s a second bathroom too. The second bedroom is a twin room (can be changed to double on request) and the third bedroom has bunk beds built in.
Every lodge comes with its own hot tub which is ready to use upon arrival. The hot tub is situated on decking accessible from the lounge area and also contains a large table and six chairs for al fresco dining during those warm, balmy summer nights.
The lodge has parking for one or two cars right outside, so there’s no traipsing around the holiday park with all your luggage. Simply pull up outside your lodge and unpack with ease!
What are the bedrooms like?
All of the bedrooms are tastefully decorated and come with the bedding already made up so you can start enjoying your holiday immediately!
The double bedroom has an ensuite, two bedside drawers and a cupboard with plenty of room to hang clothes and store your luggage.
The twin room has two beds and one bedside table. Again there is a large cupboard for hanging clothes and storing luggage.
The third bedroom has bunk beds built into the wall and a large cupboard for hanging clothes.
Each room has its own smart TV so you can watch Netflix or other streaming networks in the privacy of your own room!
What can you find in the kitchen / lounge area?
The kitchen/lounge area is well stocked with everything you need for your break away in Ullswater Heights Holiday Park.
The kitchen boasts a large fridge/freezer, microwave, oven, toaster and dishwasher. In the cupboards you’ll find every kitchen utensil imaginable from a cheese grater to corkscrew, sharp knives and all the cutlery and crockery you could ever need.
You’ll also find a table and six chairs in the kitchen along with placemats and coasters. As you look across to the open plan lounge area, you’ll find another smart TV, comfy sofas that you can lie across, a coffee table and lovely soft furnishings that keep the lodge lovely and cosy.
The lounge area has sliding doors that open out to the decking area where you’ll find the hot tub and table and chairs where you can sit and enjoy the lovely countryside air.
All the hot tubs are ready to use upon arrival and are the perfect temp for a lovely soak!
All the rooms come with comfy cosy towels and dressing gowns so you can enjoy the hot tub and not freeze to death when you’re returning back into the lodge! Every person was catered for with two large towels and a hand towel as well as a comfy robe!
What other types of lodges are there?
At Ullswater Heights Holiday Park there are a wide range of lodges to choose from including:
- Retreat – A semi-detached lodge that sleeps 2
- Family Safari Tent 6 – a tent within the Glamping Area that sleeps 6
- Retreat Premier – A semi-detached lodge that sleeps 2
- Classic Escape – A lodge that sleeps 4
- Escape Plus – A lodge that sleeps 4
- Contemporary 6 – A lodge that sleeps 6, but doesn’t come with a hot tub
- Contemporary 4 – A lodge that sleeps 4
- Family Safari Tent 8 – a tent within the Glamping Area that sleeps 8
- Contemporary 4 View – A lodge that sleeps 4 with a view over the quarry lake
- Pop Art Pod – an eco-friendly pod by the quarry lake
- The One – A luxurious living space that sleeps 10
Ullswater Heights Holiday Park facilities
There’s plenty on site to keep you busy when staying at Ullswater Heights Holiday Park.
The Lake House at Ullswater Heights
Can’t be bothered cooking? No problem! The Lake House offers every meal imaginable from breakfast to dinner and also serves a range of alcoholic beverages. They now also have a wood fired pizza oven so you can order a gorgeous pizza to enjoy in the comfort of your own lodge!
Situated next to Lake House Restaurant and Bar is a huge children’s playground with everything all kids – big and small – can enjoy!
With plenty of climbing frames, swings and areas to stimulate your child’s imagination, your kids will want to spend hours at the Ullswater Height playground!
Chloe Ann’s Farm
Ullswater Heights boasts its very own farm where you can encounter farmyard favourites and rare breeds – cute and cuddly, big and small. The farm can be enjoyed by all ages and gives children the opportunity to meet gorgeous farmyard animals such as rabbits, alpacas, goats, sheep and lots more!
Brand new for 2021 is the adventure golf course which provides entertainment for the whole family! Free to use, simply collect your clubs from The Lake House Bar and Restaurant and enjoy!
What can you do in the local area?
There is SO much to do in the local area! If you find yourself getting bored of on the onsite facilities, head out into the local area and you’ll find loads to see and do!
- Rheged Centre – here you’ll find a cinema and places to eat
- Penrith Castle – a gorgeous little place to explore and free to enter!
- Ullswater – jump onboard the regular steamer excursions and take in the breathtaking views of this gorgeous lake
- Brougham Castle – Picturesque castle next to a beautiful river
What’s there to love about Ullswater Heights Holiday Park?
What’s not to love about this little gem nestled right in the heart of Cumbria?
- The lodges are all fully heated so you can stay warm and cosy even on the coldest winter day!
- All lodges come with a hot tub so you can chill out on the decking in the warmth of bubbles and enjoy a glass of fizz at the same time.
- The lodge is fully equipped with absolutely everything you could possible need (including plastic glasses for use on the decking).
- Ullswater Heights is located in a remote area so there’s absolutely no light pollution and you can see every single star in the sky.
- Despite this remote position, Penrith is only a short drive away where you’ll find Morrisons and McDonalds if you fancy a sneaky treat.
- Check in is seamless. Simply head into reception, pick up your keys and drive to your designated lodge – easy!
- All the rooms came with towels and robes and the beds were already made up which meant less to pack and more time to enjoy the holiday once we arrived.
- There is so much to see and do on site, you probably won’t need to leave the holiday park for the duration of your stay.
What should you pack before your Ullswater Heights break?
Even though the lodges are fully equipped with everything you need from a utensil/crockery perspective, there are some things you should pack if you’re planning on spending all your time in the lodge:
- Dishwasher tablets (Only one is available for use and over a long weekend, we did two dish washes)
- Toilet roll – We ran out after the first day.
- Your Netflix username and password (or whatever other streaming service you use)
- Bin bags – there were two bin bags available to use, but we could have done with another!
Anything else you need to know about Ullswater Heights Holiday Park?
I think I have covered pretty much everything, but if there’s anything else you want to know about a break at Ullswater Heights Holiday Park, let me know in the comments and I’ll add it in here 🙂
If you liked this post, I would be grateful if you could pin the image below so others can find it too 🙂