Welcome to our review of the BIBADO bib. We love baby led weaning and were so pleased to receive this bib to review.
One thing I’ve written about extensively whenever I’ve talked about our baby led weaning journey is the mess. The mess of baby led weaning can put so many mums off trying it. I wasn’t going to let it put me off but I have tried so many methods to minimise mess or avoid it all together:
- I tried putting down a plastic tablecloth on the floor to catch the food, but then I realised we had laminate flooring and the tablecloth was just one extra piece of equipment to have to clean up every time.
- I got a coverall bib from Morrison’s, but it was made out of fabric and no matter how many times I washed it, it wouldn’t stop smelling like vomit.
- We got a Nuby Sure Grip tray. This stopped Dexter from inadvertently knocking food off the tray with his elbows but things still landed on the floor or on his lap.
- We purchased a plastic bib with a little scoop to collect food. This was great for catching bits of food, but scraps still landed in his lap.
- We tried stripping him naked for every meal to protect his clothes from the mess, but it added on an extra twenty minutes to every mealtime, especially when he started crawling and wouldn’t sit still for a second.
I have to admit, I was getting pretty fed up of the whole routine.
Strip him naked, let him eat, rinse the bib and tray, wipe him down with baby wipes, dress him, spray and wipe down the highchair, sweep the floor, mop the floor and repeat, THREE TIMES A DAY! I didn’t have time to leave the house and the thought of taking him to eat somewhere that wasn’t home; well, it made me shudder with anxiety.
Then, Dan from BIBaDO got in touch and let me know about their fantastic new product.
The BIBaDO is a cover all bib, but one with a difference. It looks more like a smock that you would wear while painting and covers baby from neck to toe ensuring meal times are mess free.
We were kindly sent a BIBaDO to review and I have to thank the Lord that we were. Meal times are now so much easier! No more stripping baby naked; no more sweeping and mopping after each meal, no more wiping down the highchair and sticking it in the dishwasher every night and no more need to use a whole pack of baby wipes EVERY SINGLE DAY.
The BIBaDO arrived in a large letter envelope which was nice and easy, meaning I didn’t have to open the door to the postman. An A4 sheet of printed instructions came with it, making it easy to work out how to use it. It is bright green in colour with red lining making it extremely eye catching (no more walking out of the house forgetting the bib, you seriously can’t miss it!)
The BIBaDO has an elasticated Velcro attachment to secure it under the highchair’s tray. Baby then puts his arms into the sleeves and two red Velcro tabs secure the fit around the neck. There are two more Velcro tabs on the sleeves so you can adjust the sleeve length for baby. You then create a well between the tray and baby’s body to collect any spillages. The BiBaDo covers the whole of baby’s body and the whole of the highchair. Nothing is getting past the BIBaDO and onto the highchair or baby’s clothes.
The BIBaDO is made out of a quick drying, lightweight, waterproof material which makes cleaning it after mealtimes so, so easy. I simply rinse the BIBaDO in the sink and wipe off any food before hanging it over the back of a chair to dry before the next mealtime.
Life has become so much easier thanks to the BIBaDO. You can purchase one on their website for the fantastic price of £19.95. The BIBaDO has already paid for itself because I am using less baby wipes and not ruining a vest during every mealtime!
This is how clean my floor and Dex are after using the BIBaDO, amazing:
I created a list of my favourite essential BLW products which you can read here. Of course, the BIBaDO features.