Dexter’s 7 Month Update
Yesterday, Dexter turned seven months old. I cannot comprehend how quickly the time as gone, yet at the same time, it feels as if he’s been here forever. He is such a happy and content child, we are extremely blessed. This is what is new this month:
- Dexter is drinking 7oz bottles around five times a day. He will often skip a bottle during the day but make up for it in the early evening.
- He has 2/3 meals a day, all baby led. He eats things like banana, crumpets, apple, satsuma, pancakes, pasta.
- He had his first proper illness this month and first trip to the doctors. He suffered with a runny nose and hacking cough.
- He moved into his own room this month. We are still seeing one or two wake ups per night.
- He now has two teeth. Both came through in the space of a couple of days.
- He is able to get himself up on his hands and knees and shuffle backwards but cannot yet crawl.
- He can sit unsupported and no longer falls to the side or backwards.
- He has two or three naps a day, ranging from half an hour to two hours if I am lucky.
- He hasn’t been weighed by the health visitor but he looks to weigh around 21lbs according to my scales.
- The jumperoo is his favourite toy.
- He is pooing three times a day now he’s on established solids and poos every time he goes in the jumperoo!
- He is starting to grow out of his 6-9 month trousers. He still squeezes in a few 3-6 month tops though.
- He loves banging his hands on the floor and scratching surfaces like carpet and sofas to make a noise.