For a super quick lunch or snack on the go, you have to try these cauliflower fritters, baby will love them!
Using only a couple of ingredients, plus some store cupboard staples, these baby led weaning cauliflower fritters are simple to prepare and can be stored in the fridge or freezer for a later date! Your baby will love them!
Cauliflower for baby led weaning
Cauliflower is one of our favourite foods. Not only is it jam packed full of incredible nutrients that will look after your and your baby’s health, it’s really versatile too and can be used in so many different meals.
Why choose cauliflower for baby led weaning?
Cauliflower is a nutrient-rich vegetable which boasts a whole load of health benefits for your baby. Key nutrients include:
- Fibre – helps keep things moving in the digestive tract and helps prevent constipation
- Vitamin C – maintains a healthy immune system
- Vitamin K – helps to make the proteins that build bones
- Vitamin B6 – important for brain development
- Folate – helps with the formation of red blood cells
- Potassium – helps cells to function normally
- Manganese – necessary for building healthy bones and tissues
- Magnesium – supports muscle and nerve function
- Phosphorus – builds strong healthy bones
Cauliflower fritters for babies
These cauliflower fritters are perfect for baby led weaning and can be adapted depending on what ingredients you have in your cupboard.
- Replace the parmesan with dairy free cheese, or try grated mozzarella for extra gooey cauliflower fritters.
- Switch up the herbs and spices to create lots of different flavours.
- Add other grated veggies such as carrot, courgette, squash or sweet potato.
- Create egg free cauliflower fritters by replacing the egg with a flax egg (1tbsp flaxmeal + 2.5 tbsp water)
How do you make these yummy cauliflower fritters for baby?
These cauliflower fritters baby will love are super simple to make and will take you less than fifteen minutes to prepare and cook.
Step 1: Boil the cauliflower until tender before mashing in a bowl with a fork
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients and combine thoroughly in a bowl to create a batter.
Step 3: Heat the pan, add the batter and create the yummy cauliflower fritters.
Step 4: Leave to cool completely, before letting your baby devour them!
More Baby Led Weaning Fritters Recipes:
Let me know if you try these cauliflower fritters. And if you enjoyed this recipe, please pin the image below so more people can find this recipe too!
- one head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 15 grams of parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper (optional)
- Break the cauliflower head into florets and boil on the stove top for 10 minutes until tender.
- Place in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Discard the stems.
- Add egg, parmesan, the garlic powder and black pepper to bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the plain flour and combine. The mixture should thicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat and spoon two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan per fritter. I prefer to cook one fritter at a time, but you may be able to fit two or three fritters in the pan at once.
- Reduce the heat and after a 2-3 mins, flip the fritter. Cook on the other side for a further 2mins, before transferring to a plate to cool.
- Leave to cool completely before serving to baby. Cut the fritters into strips for younger babies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g