For a super quick lunch or snack on the go, you have to try these spinach fritters, baby will love them!
Using only a couple of ingredients, plus some store cupboard staples, these baby led weaning spinach fritters are simple to prepare and can be stored in the fridge or freezer for a later date! Your baby will love them!
Spinach for baby led weaning
Spinach is one of our favourite foods. Not only is it jam packed full of incredible nutrients that will look after your and your baby’s health, it’s really versatile too and can be used in so many different meals.
We love throwing spinach into pancake batter, using it to create healthy vegetarian burgers and adding it to curries and pasta dishes too.
Why choose spinach for baby led weaning?
- Contains insoluble fibre which may help to prevent constipation
- Packed full of Vitamin C for a healthy immune system
- A fantastic source of iron, something your baby needs to get from food sources after six months+
- Contains calcium – vital for bone and teeth health
Spinach fritters for babies
These spinach fritters are perfect for baby led weaning and can be adapted depending on what ingredients you have in your cupboard.
- Replace the parmesan with dairy free cheese, or try grated mozzarella for extra gooey spinach fritters.
- Switch up the herbs and spices to create lots of different flavours.
- Add other grated veggies such as carrot, courgette, squash or sweet potato.
- Create egg free spinach fritters by replacing the egg with a flax egg (1tbsp flaxmeal + 2.5 tbsp water)
How do you make these yummy spinach fritters for baby?
These spinach fritters baby will love are super simple to make and will take you less than fifteen minutes to prepare and cook.
Step 1: Cook the spinach until wilted, before squeezing out all the moisture and chopping it up finely.
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients and combine thoroughly in a bowl to create a batter.
Step 3: Heat the pan, add the batter and create the yummy spinach fritters.
Step 4: Leave to cool completely, before letting your baby devour them!
Let me know if you try these spinach fritters. And if you enjoyed this recipe, please pin the image below so more people can find this recipe too!
- 140 grams of spinach
- 2 egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 15 grams of parmesan
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper (optional)
- Add 140 grams spinach to a large frying pan with a little oil and cook until wilted.
- Once wilted, place in a bowl and leave to cool completely.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the spinach and then chop it up into small pieces (using scissors)
- Add two eggs, parmesan and the onion powder and black pepper to a bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the plain flour and combine. The mixture should thicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat and spoon two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan per fritter. I prefer to cook one fritter at a time, but you may be able to fit two or three fritters in the pan at once.
- Reduce the heat and after a minute or so, flip the fritter. Cook on the other side for a further 40-60 seconds, before transferring to a plate to cool.
- Leave to cool completely before serving to baby. Cut the fritters into strips for younger babies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g