For a super quick baby led weaning lunch, dinner or snack on the go, you have to try these broccoli fritters, baby will love them!
Using only a couple of ingredients, plus some store cupboard staples, these baby led weaning broccoli fritters are simple to prepare and can be stored in the fridge or freezer for a later date! Your baby will love them!
BROCCOLI FOR BABY LED WEANING
Broccoli has always been one of my favourite vegetables. I love eating it raw, dipped in hummus, throwing it in stir fried, baking it in the oven with a little olive oil or boiling it quickly to serve alongside a wholesome Sunday dinner.
Broccoli can also easily be grated and added to muffins, pasta sauces and savoury pancake batter, boosting the nutritional value of your and your baby’s food.
Why choose broccoli for baby led weaning?
- It’s a good source of fibre which may help to prevent constipation – a common complaint for weaning babies
- Packed full of Vitamin C for a healthy immune system
- Also contains Vitamins A, B, E and K!
- A fantastic source of iron, something your baby needs to get from food sources after six months+
- Contains calcium – vital for bone and teeth health
- Also contains potassium, selenium and magnesium – all vital for supporting your baby’s health
BROCCOLI FRITTERS FOR BABIES
These broccoli fritters are perfect for baby led weaning and can be adapted depending on what ingredients you have in your cupboard.
- Replace the parmesan with dairy free cheese, or try grated mozzarella for extra gooey broccoli fritters.
- Switch up the herbs and spices to create lots of different flavours. Add a pinch of chilli flakes for the adults to give them an extra kick!
- Add other grated veggies such as carrot, courgette, squash or sweet potato to really ramp up the nutritional value
- Create egg free spinach fritters by replacing the egg with a flax egg (1tbsp flaxmeal + 2.5 tbsp water)
More Baby Led Weaning Fritters Recipes:
More Baby Led Weaning Fritters Recipes:
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE YUMMY BROCCOLI FRITTERS FOR BABY?
These broccoli fritters baby will love are super simple to make and will take you less than ten minutes to prepare and cook.
Step 1: Grate the broccoli into a large bowl.
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients and combine thoroughly in a bowl to create a batter.
Step 3: Heat the pan, add the batter and create the yummy broccoli fritters.
Step 4: Leave to cool completely, before letting your baby devour them!
WHY OFFER BABY LED WEANING FRITTERS TO YOUR BABY?
Fritters are one of the most popular baby led weaning foods thanks to their versatility and ease to prepare.
Fritters are easy for baby to pick up and eat and are soft enough for them to gum with ease.
My favourite part about baby led weaning fritters? They can be whipped up with any left over veggies or even any purees you no longer want to use if you’ve decided to switch to baby led weaning.
Let me know if you try these broccoli fritters. And if you enjoyed this recipe, please pin the image below so more people can find this recipe too!
- half a head of broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 15 grams of parmesan
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper (optional)
- Grate half a head of broccoli into a large bowl.
- Add two eggs, parmesan and the onion powder and black pepper to a bowl and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Add the plain flour and combine. The mixture should thicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat and spoon two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan per fritter. I prefer to cook one fritter at a time, but you may be able to fit two or three fritters in the pan at once.
- Reduce the heat and after a minute or so, flip the fritter. Cook on the other side for a further 40-60 seconds, before transferring to a plate to cool.
- Leave to cool completely before serving to baby. Cut the fritters into strips for younger babies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g