Looking for a savoury and healthy baby led weaning meal idea that you can batch cook and prepare in advance? Then try these broccoli and courgette (zucchini) savoury muffins for babies which are not only packed full with healthy yummy greens but also super quick and easy to make.
As well as offering them to baby during your baby led weaning journey, they also make a good snack or part of a balanced evening meal for your toddler as well. I like to offer my toddler two muffins alongside some sweet potato fries or mash and a side of peas or sweet corn, practically ticking off their five a day fix in one meal.
Related Post: Courgette Bites
Related Post: Baby Led Weaning Simple Cheese Muffins
The muffins are deliciously moist thanks to the yummy courgette and taste divine thanks to the sharp cheddar and added spices (which of course you can omit if you think the taste will be too strong for baby)
If you don’t have an egg handy, you can use an egg substitute which is 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed into 3 tablespoons of warm water. The consistency is the same as one egg and works just as well.
Related Post: 50 Baby Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
More baby led weaning muffin recipes:
These muffins can be stored in the fridge for three days or frozen for a month. Make sure you fully defrost them before offering them to baby. You can offer them chilled from the fridge or reheat in the oven/microwave. Make sure the muffins are piping hot and then sufficiently cooled before offering them to baby.
- 50 grams broccoli finely chopped
- 1/2 courgette grated
- 1 egg
- 120 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 mililitres whole milk
- 120 grams sharp cheddar
- frylight or cooking spray
- In a bowl, add finely chopped broccoli, grated courgette, flour, baking powder and cheese and combine thoroughly.
- Add an egg and milk to the mixture and mix until the batter is moist all over.
- Prepare a muffin tin by spraying it liberally with Frylight. Spoon the mixture into a muffin tin or silicone muffin cases.
- Bake at 170C for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool before serving