If you’re looking for a quick and healthy snack for your weaning baby, why not try these baby led weaning banana muffins? If you’ve got bananas that are sat around about to go off, don’t chuck them! Use them as part of this healthy recipe so the whole family can enjoy!
Banana Muffins for Babies
I love making muffins as a baby led weaning snack as they’re easy to batch make (so you have snacks on hand for the whole week!) and super easy for baby to handle and feed themselves.
These banana muffins for babies contain extremely nutritious ingredients that will give your baby tons of energy as well as helping their development and are super tasty to boot!
What are the benefits of offering banana to your baby?
Bananas are a fantastic source of nutrition for your baby. Both our babies have loved devouring bananas over the years. They make a fantastic quick snack and are a really fab versatile ingredient for including in recipes like banana pancakes, easy banana blueberry muffins and of course banana bread too!
- High fibre – great for gut health!
- Tons of potassium – helps to regulate fluid and is good for healthy heart function
- Energy boosting properties – well needed for those toddlers who are constantly on the go!
How to make banana muffins
These banana muffins are super simple to make and if you have a toddler or preschooler as well as your weaning baby, why not get them involved to help with the mixing?
- Leave to cool fully before offering to your baby
- Preheat the oven to 190C or 170C if you have a fan oven and line your muffin tin with cases.
- Grab two bowls for your ingredients. In the first mix the dry and in the second mix the wet ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together before scooping into the muffin tins.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
More baby led weaning muffin recipes:
How long do these baby led weaning banana muffins last?
The muffins will last for up to five days in an air tight container. I store them on the countertop as opposed to the fridge as they can get a little soggy if refrigerated.
Our favourite baby led weaning products
Where did you get the silicone muffin tin?
This silicone mould was gifted to me by my mother-in-law, however there are very similar products available on Amazon just like the one below!
Using a silicone mould is way less faffy than using a tin with paper cases and the heart shaped muffins are super cute too (perfect for those baby led weaning Insta shots!)
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 70g melted butter
- 3 banana (as ripe as possible)
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- Preheat your oven to 190C (170C fan) and line a muffin tin with cases (or use a silicone mould)
- In a bowl mix the flour and baking powder and combine.
- In a second bowl melt butter in the microwave carefully then add bananas and mash with a fork. Add two eggs and the milk. Use a hand blender if necessary to ensure the batter is as smooth as possible.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and slowly pour the wet ingredients in, mixing slowly with a fork. Mix until all ingredients are totally combined.
- Add the mixture into the muffin cases using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool fully before serving to baby.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
Author: Nicola Hughes
Nicola has weaned both of her boys using the baby led weaning method. She loves nothing better than creating simple recipes that anyone can recreate, using as few ingredients as possible. All of her recipes have been tried and tested by both Dexter and Felix and have their seal of approval!